Home Gnome Inspections now offers radon testing!
What is radon? Radon is a colorless, odorless radioactive gas that may cause cancer. It can be in the water, soil and air you breathe. It gets trapped inside buildings, increasing your risk for exposure.
Get it tested!
If you are concerned about radon in your home:
- Make a appointment by email or call 503-913-1281! Radon testing is easy, affordable, and it can save your life.
- Testing is most accurate when the doors/windows/exhaust fans & vents are closed for a minimum of 12 hours prior to the start of the test and when the home remains closed (except for regular entry and exit) for the duration of the test (at least 48 hours).
- Radon in your home can be reduced up to 99%! Find qualified mitigators here.
- Radon is estimated to cause 21,000 deaths from lung cancer each year. Is the air you breathe safe?
- Click here to see if your area is at high-risk.
Tags: cancer, radon, soil, testing
Comments Off on Radon Testing in Portland Oregon! | News
Have you received a postcard or heard about our May home inspection discount? Get $20 off your next Portland home inspection with coupon code: SPRING 14. Just mention it at any time before payment.
Please pass this code along to anyone who’s looking for a thorough, reliable and trustworthy inspector!
Tags: code, coupon, Home inspection, Oregon, Portland, spring
Comments Off on Home Inspection Discount | News
It’s starting to stay warm lately and soon enough you’ll want to use your air conditioning system. Make sure you’ll be ready to go when it’s time!
- Clear the immediate area around the unit- much vegetation growth has happened since you last used the unit!
- Do NOT use when the temperature is below 65 degrees- this can damage the system!
- When you first start the air conditioner, set your thermostat 5 degrees above room temperature to lubricate the system.
- Change the filter at the interior unit- this should be done regularly, especially if you have allergies!
- Learn what to have a qualified professional do for you.
- Learn about Freon and how low levels can damage the system.
If you haven;t had your A/C system, serviced in a while, it’s probably time. Don’t wait until scorching temperatures are in the forecast!
Tags: A/C, cooling, equipment, HVAC, maintenance, spring
Comments Off on A/C Springtime Maintenance | News